Physics for Rock Stars : Making the Laws of the Universe Work for You, will be one of our Keynoters at Learning 2017.
STEM activist Christine McKinley is a mechanical engineer, musician, author and host of Discovery Channel’s Decoded, and author of Physics For Rock Stars
- Christine McKinley is a mechanical engineer, rock star, television icon, and author of Physics for Rock Stars.
- Christine co-hosted Under New York for Discovery Channel and Brad Meltzer’s Decoded for History Channel while continuing her work as an engineer.
- Her musical Gracie and the Atom, won a Portland Drammy for Original Score.
- Her book, Physics for Rock Stars has been described as “…an enthusiastic appreciation for science as described by an unconventional narrator. Not a nerdy guy, but a bright and over-achieving female sings the siren song for science.”—Dan Coffey, a.k.a. public radio’s Dr. Science
- She has spent most of her engineering career designing and managing the construction of power plants, semiconductor facilities, hospitals, and schools.
Christine will be an amazing, rocking Keynoter at Learning 2017!